Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Treats


Halloween Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Treats



This Halloween I was looking for a festive and appropriate recipe, after all, with all the tricks my dogs play on me I guess they deserve a treat every so often. 
I found this recipe on http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/homemade-dog-treats/ that I loved because it had such a fall element to it by using pumpkin. Also I was just itching to use my Halloween cookie cutters and this gave me the perfect excuse. 


Ingredients:

15 ounces pumpkin puree
2 eggs
3 cups whole-wheat flour
3 tablespoons peanut butter
½ teaspoon cinnamon

*Note: This recipe makes a fair amount of treats. I decided to share them with a dog friend of ours since we were invited to a Halloween party the next day. These are wonderful for sharing and giving as gifts.

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, use a whisk to mix together the pumpkin, eggs and peanut butter until smooth. Add cinnamon and flour and stir until a sticky dough forms.


On a floured cutting board roll out the dough to about a 1/2 inch thick and using festive cookie cutters cut out shapes until all the dough is gone. 
Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.


Remove to cooling racks to cool completely. 


Store these in the refrigerator and don't forget to give one to your favorite trick or treater this year :)


No comments:

Post a Comment